How To Do Note on Fisheries, Aquaculture and Climate Change
The How To Do Note on Fisheries, Aquaculture and Climate Change describes a range of multiple-benefit options for integrating climate change adaptation and mitigation into IFAD interventions in the fisheries and aquaculture sectors.
How IFAD is scaling up climate smart processes
The primary interface between climate change and agriculture is at the crop-growing stage, but climate hazards also have impacts on later stages of agricultural production, including the storage, processing and market access stages.
Food and livelihoods in a changing climate: The role of climate finance for agriculture
The Overseas Development Institute (ODI) has just released a new working paper at the COP21 Climate Summit in Paris titled, Food and livelihoods in a changing climate: The role of climate finance for agriculture.
Recipes for Change
The Kingdom of Tonga is a Polynesian sovereign state comprising over 170 islands. It has a rural population of approximately 74 per cent. Climate change causes sea level rise, drought, increases in climate shocks and affects the location and abundance of tuna fisheries.
Pro-Poor Resource Governance under Changing Climates
It is difficult for smallholder farmers to adapt to climate change with actions focused only on the environment. This study by IFAD, the Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS) and partners shows that successful adaptation to a changing environment also requires changes in social and political processes.
The Adaptation for Smallholder Agriculture Programme (ASAP) channels climate finance to smallholder farmers so they can access the information tools and technologies that help build their resilience to climate change. Launched by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) in 2012, ASAP has become the largest global financing source dedicated to supporting the adaptation of poor smallholder farmers to climate change. The programme is working in more than thirty developing countries, using climate finance to make rural development programmes more climate-resilient.Read more
- Climate-Smart Agriculture Rapid Appraisal (CSA-RA): A Prioritization Tool for Outscaling CSA Step-by-Step Guidelines
- Learning event: Climate-smart agriculture in the field – planning, implementation and upscaling
- Digging up the Truth on Dirt - a CGIAR report
- Resources & multimedia
- Donors and partners
- Partnership: Knowledge Partnership with CCAFS/CGIAR
- Guidelines for Integrating Climate Change Adaptation into Fisheries and Aquaculture Projects
- Gernot Laganda
Climate Change Adaptation Specialist
Environment and Climate Division (ECD)
- Gernot Laganda
- The Policy Advantage: Enabling smallholders' adaptation priorities to be realized
English |French | Spanish
- Combating rural poverty through better use of natural resources: IFAD, IASS and partners publish new study
- Burkina Faso Farmers Working Together for a Better Future
- How IFAD is scaling up climate smart processes
- 17 February: IFAD supports climate-smart technologies in Georgia for food security
- ASAP newsletter: Issue 4 – November 2014
- How the United Nations System Supports Ambitious Action on Climate Change
- Agriculture for Development publishes ASAP article and book review