The Independent Ofﬁce of Evaluation (IOE) conducts evaluations of IFAD-ﬁnanced policies, strategies and operations to promote accountability and learning. The main purpose is to contribute to improving IFAD's and its partners' performance in reducing rural poverty in recipient countries.
IOE's independent evaluations assess the impact of IFAD-funded activities and give an analysis of successes and shortcomings – to tell it the way it is – as well as identify factors affecting performance.
Based on the key insights and recommendations drawn from evaluation ﬁndings, IOE also communicates and shares IFAD’s knowledge and experience in agriculture and rural development with a wider audience.
new! Bolivia: Management of Natural Resources in the Chaco and High Valley Regions Project -Project Performance Assessment
Executive summary | Spanish | Full document
new! Water Conservation and Management Evaluation Synthesis report
Executive summary | Full document
Watch the video
- IOE brochure
English | French | Spanish
- Evaluation manual
Arabic | English | French | Spanish
- Evaluation data
- IOE reports interactive map
- IFAD's independent evaluation ratings database
- new! 24 April: Zambia Country Programme Evaluation - National Round-table Workshop
- 4 April: Bolivia Country Programme Evaluation - National Roundtable Workshop
- 3 April: IFAD’s engagement in middle-income countries - An evaluation synthesis
- Independent Office of Evaluation
International Fund for Agricultural Development
Via Paolo di Dono, 44
Tel +39 0654592521
Fax +39 0654593521