Ashwani Muthoo, IOE Deputy Director, addresses the media in India
On the fringes of the learning workshop on the India Impact Evaluation held in New Delhi, on 11 June 2015, Ashwani Muthoo, Deputy Director of the Independent Office of Evaluation of IFAD (IOE) shared insights with the media about the findings of the impact evaluation and IFAD's role in making smallholder farming profitable in India.
Just released: IOE evaluation news no. 9!
The Independent Office of Evaluation of IFAD (IOE) has released its ninth electronic newsletter. The aim is to promote transparency and share knowledge with partners and stakeholders about key developments related to IOE's work.
Impact Evaluation of the Jharkhand Chhattisgarh Tribal Development Programme in India
IOE has just published an Impact Evaluation on the Jharkhand Chhattisgarh Tribal Development Programme in India.
Executive summary | Full document | Profile | Infographic and Interview with Ashwani Muthoo by Doordarshan TV (Kisan Channel)
The Independent Ofﬁce of Evaluation (IOE) conducts evaluations of IFAD-ﬁnanced policies, strategies and operations to promote accountability and learning. The main purpose is to contribute to improving IFAD's and its partners' performance in reducing rural poverty in recipient countries.
IOE's independent evaluations assess the impact of IFAD-funded activities and give an analysis of successes and shortcomings – to tell it the way it is – as well as identify factors affecting performance.
Based on the key insights and recommendations drawn from evaluation ﬁndings, IOE also communicates and shares IFAD’s knowledge and experience in agriculture and rural development with a wider audience.
- new! Jharkhand-Chhattisgarh Tribal Development Programme in India
Executive summary | Full document | Profile | Infographic | Video (2015)
- Pakistan: Community Development Programme
Executive summary | Full document
- Corporate-level evaluation on the IFAD's Engagement in Fragile and Conflict-affected States and Situations
Executive summary | Full document | Profile | Insights | Infographic
- How does the Bank learn? Insights from the World Bank's IEG latest report on learning and results
- Ashwani Muthoo, IOE Deputy Director, addresses the media in India
- Article authored by IOE on Impact evaluations in rural development: Opportunities and Challenges.
- Senior Evaluation Officer, Independent Office of Evaluation of IFAD (IOE) – P4 – Deadline: 16 August 2015
- Evaluation Analyst, Independent Office of Evaluation of IFAD (IOE) – P2 – Deadline: 16 August 2015
- Ongoing evaluations
- IOE brochure
English | French | Spanish
- Evaluation manual
Arabic | English | French | Spanish
- Evaluation data
- IOE reports interactive map
- IFAD's independent evaluation ratings database
- 17-18 November: Technical seminar jointly organized by the evaluation offices of CGIAR, FAO, IFAD and WFP - Enhancing the evaluability of Sustainable Development Goal 2 (SDG2): "End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture"
- new! Issue n. 9 - June 2015