The Evolution of the Independent Evaluation Function at IFAD
The Independent Office of Evaluation of IFAD (IOE) has just released a new publication on the "Evolution of the Independent Evaluation Function at IFAD." The publication documents and traces the history of IFAD's evaluation function since 1978, summarizing some of its major contributions to improving accountability and learning for better performance.
Technical seminar on Enhancing the evaluability of Sustainable Development Goal 2 (SDG2)
The evaluation offices of the four Rome-Based agencies held a technical seminar on "Enhancing the evaluability of Sustainable Development Goal 2 (SDG2): "End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture".
Gambia country programme evaluation: national round-table workshop
A national round-table workshop for the Gambia country programme evaluation (CPE) will take place in Banjul on 3 December 2015, as a final step in the evaluation process.
The Independent Ofﬁce of Evaluation (IOE) conducts evaluations of IFAD-ﬁnanced policies, strategies and operations to promote accountability and learning. The main purpose is to contribute to improving IFAD's and its partners' performance in reducing rural poverty in recipient countries.
IOE's independent evaluations assess the impact of IFAD-funded activities and give an analysis of successes and shortcomings – to tell it the way it is – as well as identify factors affecting performance.
Based on the key insights and recommendations drawn from evaluation ﬁndings, IOE also communicates and shares IFAD’s knowledge and experience in agriculture and rural development with a wider audience.
- The Evolution of the Independent Evaluation Function at IFAD (2015)
- Tanzania: Country programme Evaluation
Executive summary | Full Document | Profile | Insights | Infographic | Video(2015)
- Brazil: Gente de Valor - Rural Communities Development Project in the Poorest Areas of the State of Bahia
Executive summary | Full document (2015)
- Jharkhand-Chhattisgarh Tribal Development Programme in India
Executive summary | Full document | Profile | Infographic | Video (2015)
- How evaluation has helped IFAD shape its agenda to promote better rural livelihoods New frontiers for evaluation: challenges to effective evaluation of market-oriented development initiatives
- Ongoing evaluations
- IOE brochure
English | French | Portuguese | Spanish
- Evaluation manual
Arabic | English | French | Spanish
- Evaluation data
- IOE reports interactive map
- IFAD's independent evaluation ratings database
- Issue n. 10 - September 2015