The Independent Ofﬁce of Evaluation (IOE) conducts evaluations of IFAD-ﬁnanced policies, strategies and operations to promote accountability and learning. The main purpose is to contribute to improving IFAD's and its partners' performance in reducing rural poverty in recipient countries.
IOE's independent evaluations assess the impact of IFAD-funded activities and give an analysis of successes and shortcomings – to tell it the way it is – as well as identify factors affecting performance.
Based on the key insights and recommendations drawn from evaluation ﬁndings, IOE also communicates and shares IFAD’s knowledge and experience in agriculture and rural development with a wider audience.
new! Evaluation newsletter: Issue 5 - June 2014
new! IFAD’s Engagement in Middle-income Countries
Executive summary | Full document | Profile
IFAD Replenishments Corporate-level evaluation
Executive summary | Full document | Press release | Profile | Insights
new! Republic of Ecuador Country Programme Evaluation Executive summary English | Spanish | Full document | Profile | Insights
new! Evaluation profile: A strong partnership for rural poverty reduction - China Country Programme Evaluation English | PDF version | Insights
Kingdom of Lesotho Project performance assessment
Executive summary | Full document
- IOE brochure
English | French | Spanish
- Evaluation manual
Arabic | English | French | Spanish
- Evaluation data
- IOE reports interactive map
- IFAD's independent evaluation ratings database
- new! 17 July: China Country Programme Evaluation - National Round-table Workshop | TV interview
- new! 16 July: Evaluation Methodology Seminar
- 24 April: Zambia Country Programme Evaluation - National Round-table Workshop
- 4 April: Bolivia Country Programme Evaluation - National Roundtable Workshop
- 3 April: IFAD’s engagement in middle-income countries - An evaluation synthesis