High-level panel of experts reviews the second edition of IFAD's Evaluation Manual
On 31 March and 1 April, the Independent Office of Evaluation of IFAD (IOE) organized a meeting of the High-Level Panel of Experts (HLPEs) at the IFAD Headquarters to seek feedback on the draft of the second edition of the Evaluation Manual.
Just released: IOE evaluation news no. 8!
The Independent Office of Evaluation of IFAD (IOE) has released its eighth electronic newsletter. The aim is to promote transparency and share knowledge with partners and stakeholders about key developments related to IOE's work.
The Independent Ofﬁce of Evaluation (IOE) conducts evaluations of IFAD-ﬁnanced policies, strategies and operations to promote accountability and learning. The main purpose is to contribute to improving IFAD's and its partners' performance in reducing rural poverty in recipient countries.
IOE's independent evaluations assess the impact of IFAD-funded activities and give an analysis of successes and shortcomings – to tell it the way it is – as well as identify factors affecting performance.
Based on the key insights and recommendations drawn from evaluation ﬁndings, IOE also communicates and shares IFAD’s knowledge and experience in agriculture and rural development with a wider audience.
- new! Programme for Sustainable Development in Rural Mountain Areas
Executive summary | Full document
- new! Corporate-level evaluation on the IFAD's Engagement in Fragile and Conflict-affected States and Situations
Executive summary | Full document | Profile | Insights | Infographic
- 2014 Annual Report on Results and Impact of IFAD Operations
Full document | Profile | Infographic | Video
- Oscar A. Garcia, Director of the Independent Office of Evaluation, part of the IFAD delegation visiting Morocco
- IOE's Lead Evaluation Officer interviewed by Gambian national TV channel
- Influential evaluations guide decision-making and stimulate change and reform: article authored by Oscar A. Garcia, Director of the Independent Office of Evaluation of IFAD
- High-level panel of experts reviews the second edition of IFAD's Evaluation Manual
- Evaluation is not easy nor popular, but essential to achieve SDGs, says the UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon at the UN Evaluation Group High-Level Event
- Ongoing evaluations
- IOE brochure
English | French | Spanish
- Evaluation manual
Arabic | English | French | Spanish
- Evaluation data
- IOE reports interactive map
- IFAD's independent evaluation ratings database
- 7 June: Bangladesh Country Programme Evaluation - National round-table workshop
- 11 June: Inception workshop on the IFAD country programme evaluation in India and learning event on the impact evaluation of the Jharkhand Chhattisgarh Tribal Development Programme
- 5-15 May: 2015 Shanghai International Program for Development Evaluation Training
- Issue n. 8 - March 2015