Latest press releases
Angola receives IFAD financing to strengthen artisanal fisheries and aquaculture
Rome, 26 August 2015 – Today the Republic of Angola and the United Nations International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) signed an agreement to finance the Artisanal Fisheries and Aquaculture Project (AFAP) in Bengo, Cuanza Norte, Luanda and Malange provinces in the central-north region of Angola.
Kenya and IFAD join with development partners to enhance cereal production in semi-arid counties
Rome, 26 August 2015 – Today, the Republic of Kenya and the United Nations International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) signed an agreement to finance the Kenya Cereal Enhancement Programme – Climate-Resilient Agricultural Livelihoods Window (KCEP-CRAL).
IFAD and Cambodia sign historic host country agreement
Rome, 26 August 2015 – The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) signed a host country agreement earlier this month with the Kingdom of Cambodia, the culmination of almost 20 years of support and investment in rural areas. Since 1996, over 1.2 million poor and disadvantaged rural households have benefitted from IFAD’s partnership with Cambodia.
East and West Africa
Senior Management Spokespeople
Asia and the Pacific
Latin America and the Caribbean
Resources for mediaIFAD meetings and events
- Statement by IFAD President at the International Day of Family Remittances
- Statement by IFAD Vice-President at the Astana Economic Forum - Food Security Panel
- Statement by IFAD Vice-President at the Opening of the 2015 Global Land Forum
- Opening remarks by IFAD President at the Introduction to emerging trends in mobilising concessional resources for IFIs and the importance of exchange of expertise
- Read all statements and speeches