IFAD’s operating model comprises a project cycle with two main components. Project development includes the project concept note, detailed project design and design completion. Project implementation includes supervision, the mid-term review and project completion.
Results-based country strategic opportunities programme
A results-based country strategic opportunities programme (COSOP) is a framework for making strategic choices about IFAD operations in a country, identifying opportunities for IFAD financing and related partnerships, and facilitating management for results.Read more
- Performance-based allocation system
- Results-based Country Strategic Opportunities Programme (RB-COSOP)
- Supervision and implementation support
- Results and impact management system
- Lending rates: English | French | Spanish
Operational manuals, guidelines and handbooks
- Lending Policy and Criteria
- RB-COSOP guidelines
- Guidelines for supervision and implementation support of projects and programmes funded from IFAD loans and grants
- Disbursement handbook: English | French | Spanish
- All manuals, guidelines and handbooks
In Mali's rural areas, most young people leave the villages to try and find work in the cities.