IFAD provides a strong global platform for discussing rural policy issues – and for increasing awareness about why investment in agriculture and rural development is critical to reducing poverty and improving food security. The wide-ranging topics covered in this section highlight how experience in the field can be transformed into operations-oriented learning and knowledge.
- No time to lose in adapting to climate change
- Growing peace through development
- In Niger, IFAD and partners achieve results against the odds
- Development research digest
- Farmers' Forum
- Rural Poverty Report 2011
- The multidimensional poverty assessment tool (MPAT): A new approach for measuring rural poverty
Download: Recent resources
- The power of partnerships: Forging alliances for sustainable smallholder agriculture: Arabic | English | French | Spanish
- Islamic microfinance: Unlocking new potential to fight rural poverty: Arabic | English | French
- Transforming agricultural development and production in Africa: Enabling poor rural people to overcome poverty
- Women and pastoralism
- Addressing poverty through mobilization of community resources
After decades of excessive logging and reduced water flow, Mount Kenya is becoming green again.