Call for proposals: Stepping up IFAD’s gender transformative agenda - Women’s land rights initiative
04 فبراير 2020
This call for proposals is to select a recipient or consortium of recipients to receive a three-year IFAD grant financing to implement the project: Stepping up IFAD’s gender transformative agenda - Women’s land rights (WLR) initiative, for a total amount of up to US$3 million.
The recipient can be an inter-governmental organization (including UN agencies and CGIAR centres), a civil society organization (including NGOs), an academic/research institution or a private sector entity. In the case of a consortium, an organization can join more than one consortium but can be leading only in one of them. The recipient must demonstrate a strong focus, experience and expertise in working on WLR in rural settings.
The selected organization or consortium must have:
- Practical experience in working on WLR in rural settings
- Experience in knowledge management and sharing
- Experience in managing donor-funded initiatives of at least US$1 million
- Physical presence or close network to ensure wide geographical coverage
While no upper limit is set, the applicant must ensure a minimum counterpart contribution of US$500,000.
How to submit a proposal
- Prepare a project proposal that should be submitted using the IFAD Grant Design Document template with a detailed budget using the activity based budget table. The proposal must be aligned with the Grant Concept Note and Project Description provided. Please read the Letter of Invitation, Grant Concept Note and Project Description for further explanation.
- Submit a completed Bidders' self-certification of eligibility for IFAD grant financing
- Submit a brief institutional profile, detailing experience in the priority area and specific theme outlined in the Grant Concept Note, and in the region/country(ies) where the grant would be implemented.
Deadline to receive proposals is 2 March 2020, 23:59 hours CEST.
Proposals submitted after this deadline will be considered ineligible.
All proposals and communications should be submitted via email to:
- Steven Jonckheere, Senior Technical Specialist, Gender and Social Inclusion, email@example.com
- Harold Liversage, Lead Global Technical Specialist, Land Tenure firstname.lastname@example.org;
- CC: Maria Elena Mangiafico, Knowledge Management Specialist email@example.com, Mir Md Shahriar Islam, Technical Analyst, Gender and Social Inclusion firstname.lastname@example.org and Giulia Barbanente, Consultant, Land tenure, email@example.com.
Queries can be submitted to the above emails up until 17 February 2020. Questions asked by prospective bidders and answers provided will be available in the frequently asked questions & answers, which will be regularly updated.
Additionally, interested institutions are invited to share expressions of interest to submit a proposal by 12 February 2020 by email to the above emails. These expressions are not mandatory and non-binding.