Building a better world starts with you
IFAD’s strength lies in the diversity of our staff and their commitment to our mandate.
We value professionals with strategic vision, a proven capacity to work in teams and generate results, and a deep understanding of and strong commitment to international development.
In addition to providing a supportive and thriving work environment, IFAD offers professional career development and an attractive remuneration package with competitive pay and benefits. The benefits package includes dependency allowance, education grant up to university level, home leave, medical insurance and social security.
Browse the jobs below and join us today in making a difference.
Current job opportunities
- Call for interest - Project Financial Management Consultant Roster - Global - FMD - deadline: 02 August 2021
- Call for interest - Project Financial Management Consultant Roster for Latin America and the Caribbean Region - FMD - deadline: 30 June 2021
- Call for Interest - HRM (Talent Management Consultants Roster) - HRD - deadline: 30 June 2021
- Call for interest - Technical Experts in Agriculture (Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Indonesia, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu) - APR - deadline: 30 April 2021
- Associate Vice-President, External Relations and Governance Department APR - FOE - deadline: 09 May 2021
- Senior Specialist (Monitoring & Evaluation) P-4 - OPR - deadline: 26 April 2021
- Associate Vice-President, Strategy and Knowledge Department APR - FSK - deadline: 09 May 2021
- Country Director P-4 - NEN - deadline: 08 May 2021
- Regional Finance Officer *reopened* P-3 - FMD - deadline: 05 May 2021
- Call for Interest: Public Procurement Consultants Roster - OPR - deadline: 01 July 2021
- Call for Interest for Temporary Assignment ¿ Budget Analyst P-2 - OSB - deadline: 29 April 2021
Meet our staff
Working at IFAD means being part of a learning, growing and thriving organization, where each member of our global team contributes to the overall mission of investing in rural people.
Saadia Imad, Chief Field Support
Joseph Nganga, Programme Officer
I have worked as a Country Programme Officer since 2011, but before that I worked in IFAD-funded projects in Kenya. When I was recruited to work at IFAD I was overjoyed. Starting as a national officer and now participating at the international level has been great - blending hard facts with experience drawn from the field and spicing them up was quite a contribution.
Seiko Yabumoto, Assistant
I've been at IFAD since 2006 initially as temporary staff and in 2007 I started working with the governing bodies office as an assistant. In 2011 I become Assistant to the Director & Treasurer. My roles at IFAD have been a great way to be exposed to IFAD operations – all official documents pass through the Governing Bodies office and all the IFAD commitments and deliverables are recorded. That was a great way to be thrown into IFAD's work. I have brought previous experience and knowledge with me from the private sector and the fashion industry. Everything that you learn, you never throw away. At IFAD I have been able to build on these experiences.
Interested in working at IFAD? Explore the different options below:
Consultancies play a critical role in the execution of IFAD’s mandate and our impact on the ground. Consultancies are designed for junior and senior experts whose skills are required for specific project assignments. Qualifications and experience in the relevant field are required and vary depending on the assignment. Consultants can be recruited for a maximum of 11 months in a 12-month period.
The regular Internship Programme (IP) and Enhanced Internship Programme (EIP) offer a unique learning experience of six months to recent university graduates or students who are currently specializing in areas of work relevant to IFAD's mission. Candidates for the Internship Programme must be 30 years old or less and must be enrolled in an accredited university or graduate school, have attended courses in the last 12 months, and have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies when joining the programme.