Republic of Kenya Country strategic opportunities programme 2020-2025
The 2020-2025 country strategic opportunities programme (COSOP) is aligned with the Government's Agricultural Sector Transformation and Growth Strategy 2019-2029 (ASTGS).
The ASTGS has six pillars:
- increase smallholder incomes;
- increase output and value addition;
- boost household food resilience;
- knowledge and skills;
- research, innovation and data; and
- sustainability and crisis management.
The goal of the COSOP is to strengthen selected value chains and ensure that poor rural people participate in and benefit from them, using climate-resilient, inclusive and pro-poor approaches that enhance Kenya’s productive potential for future generations.
This COSOP retains (with minor adjustments) the three strategic objectives (SOs) from the previous one:
- SO1-climate-resilient and sustainable community-based natural resource management is improved;
- SO2-access to productivity-enhancing assets, technologies, rural finance and services is improved;
- SO3-sustainable access to improved post-production technologies and markets is enhanced.