Grant Results Sheet - ICRISAT: Sustainable Management of Cropbased Production Systems for Raising Agricultural Productivity in Rainfed Asia
The programme aimed to intensify the cropping systems with grain legumes to improve the productivity and sustainability of rainfed agriculture while diversifying smallholder farmers’ income-generating opportunities.
The main objectives included:
- transforming lowproductivity rainfed cropping systems into resilient and productive ones;
- providing technical innovation services to enhance capacities and expertise to support agricultural development;
- demonstrating inclusive market-oriented development in rainfed agriculture;
- building the capacity of smallholder farmers and their families to sustain resilient productive rainfed cropping systems and harness diverse income generating opportunities; and
- scaling up technological innovations through partnerships.