Call for proposals: Grant to strengthen borrowers’ capacity on environmental, social and climate best practices
IFAD Asset Request Portlet
Call for proposals: Grant to strengthen borrowers’ capacity on environmental, social and climate best practices11 May 2021
This call for proposals is to select a recipient or consortium of recipients to receive a three-year IFAD grant financing to implement the project Strengthening Borrowers’ Capacity on Environmental, Social and Climate Best Practices (SUSTAIN) for a total IFAD grant of US$2 million.
The competitively selected Recipient can be a non-profit organization, university, vocational training provider, private sector company or research institute. The applicant should propose some level of cash and in-kind co-financing.
How to submit a proposal
- Prepare a project proposal that should be submitted using the IFAD Grant Design Document template with a detailed budget using the activity based budget table. The proposal must be aligned with the Grant Concept Note and Project Description provided. Please read the Letter of Invitation, Grant Concept Note and Project Description for further explanation.
- Submit a completed Bidders' self-certification of eligibility for IFAD grant financing.
- Submit a brief institutional profile, detailing experience in the priority area and specific theme outlined in the Grant Concept Note, and in the IFAD regions/country (ies) where the grant would be implemented.
Deadline to receive proposals is 18 June 2021, 18:00 CEST.
All proposals and communications should be submitted via email to: Sustain@ifad.org.
Queries can be submitted by email to Sustain@ifad.org up until 25 May 2021. Queries will be addressed on a case-by-case basis. Additionally, interested institutions are invited to share expressions of interest to submit a proposal by 25 May 2021 by email. These expressions are not mandatory and non-binding.
The SUSTAIN team can no longer respond to direct queries for communications received after 25 May 2021.
Please see Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) below for guidance. Any necessary updates will be made through this webpage.
- Letter of Invitation
- Grant Concept Note
- Project Description
- Grant design document template
- Activity based budget
- Bidders self-certification of eligibility for IFAD grant financing
- Grant Agreement Template including General Provisions
- Evaluation methodology and criteria for the review of the bids and the award
- Guidance on eligible expenditure and budget preparation
- Financial Management Self-Assessment Questionnaire
- Frequently asked questions