Call for proposals: Grant to implement inclusive red meat value chains for women and youth farmers in Eastern and Southern Africa
27 September 2019
This call for proposals is to select a recipient or consortium of recipients to receive a three-year IFAD grant financing to implement the project: Inclusive red meat value chains for women and youth farmers in Eastern and Southern Africa for a total amount of up to US$2 million.
The competitively selected recipient must be an international organization with the mandate to work on livestock development in the targeted countries (Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia and Zimbabwe) to enhance the roles that livestock play in food security and poverty alleviation. The selected grantee will have to demonstrate the capacity to be operational in targeted countries with a long track record of working and building networks. Finally, the recipient should contribute financially to the project with a contribution of 50 per cent of the amount provided by IFAD.
How to submit a proposal
- Prepare a project proposal, to be submitted using the IFAD Grant Design Document template with a detailed budget using the activity based budget table. The proposal must be aligned with the ToR of the project and Additional Information provided. Please read the attached Letter of invitation and ToR document for further explanations.
- Completed Applicants' self-certification of eligibility for IFAD grant financing and Grant FMAQ
- A brief institutional profile, detailing experience in the area and specific theme outlined in the ToR of the project.
Deadline to receive proposals is 30 October 2019, 15:00 hours CEST.
All proposals and communications should be submitted via email to:
- Ilaria Urbani, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laura Grasso, email@example.com (in CC)
- Antonio Rota, firstname.lastname@example.org (in CC)
Queries can be submitted before Wednesday, 23 October, 15:00 hours CEST. Queries will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
Interested institutions are requested to confirm by e-mail their intention to submit a proposal by Wednesday, 16 October, 15:00 hours CEST.