Poverty Reduction Project in Aftout South and Karakoro – Phase II (PASK II)
IFAD Asset Request Portlet
Poverty Reduction Project in Aftout South and Karakoro - Phase II
The target group for PASK II comprises 21,000 poor rural households in the three moughataa of M’Bout, Kankossa and Ould-Yengé. Within this group, special attentionwill be paid to:
- poor women belonging to the active population; and
- young people between 15 and 24 years of age.
The overall objective of PASK II is to improve incomes and living conditions for target populations. The project will help build, an economic and social fabric based on sustainable natural resource management that is inclusive of poor rural households
It will focus on:
- soil restoration, surface water mobilization and management;
- development of crop, livestock and natural resource management systems;
- support for local development; and
- project management.
The project is consistent with IFAD’s Environment and Natural Resource Management Policy, IFAD’s Targeting Policy, and the IFAD Rural Finance Policy. In addition, it is fully consistent with the country strategic opportunities (COSOP) for Mauritania.