Inclusive Finance in Agricultural Value Chains Project (INCLUSIF)
IFAD Asset Request Portlet
Inclusive Finance in Agricultural Value Chain Project (INCLUSIF)
The INCLUSIF project aims to improve financial inclusion for smallholders and small and medium agrifood enterprises in Mali. It is expected to reach 440,000 direct beneficiaries from disadvantaged groups, rural family farms, professional organizations (cooperatives, unions and federations) and private-sector agricultural enterprises. At least 50 per cent of the beneficiaries will be women and young people aged 18 to 40.
In terms of expected impact, INCLUSIF aims to:
- Bring 440,000 smallholders and 360 agricultural professional organizations into the banking system
- Develop five permanent financial products in the areas of savings, credit and micro-insurance
- Develop, together with rural financial institutions, a rural credit portfolio of at least CFAF 20 billion in lending by the end of the project
- Build the capacity of 36,000 smallholders in partnerships with the private sector
- Raise the incomes of at least 22,000 smallholders and 4,500 rural young people in income-generating activities and rural microenterprises.