Empowerment through Nutrition-sensitive, Inclusive and Resilient Agricultural and Rural Entrepreneurship - AVENIR
IFAD Asset Request Portlet
Empowerment through Nutrition-sensitive, Inclusive and Resilient Agricultural and Rural Entrepreneurship
The overall goal of the project Empowerment through Nutrition-Sensitive, Inclusive and Resilient Agricultural and Rural Entrepreneurship (AVENIR) is to contribute to the reduction of rural poverty and improvement of the nutrition of rural groups in the provinces surrounding Kinshasa. Its development objective is to support a sustainable transformation of family farming and better management of natural resources in order to contribute to climate-change mitigation, income improvement and food diversity of rural households.
The project will finance:
- development of agrosystems;
- improved productivity of family farming;
- the promotion of agricultural and rural entrepreneurship for women and youth;
- improved access to production basins;
- capacity-building of stakeholders;
- application of existing policies aimed at promoting entrepreneurship for women and youth and the representation of the rural poor in local decision-making bodies.
Source: President's report (25/11/2022)