US$ 510.19 million
US$ 99.26 million
US$ 135.55 million
The partnership between IFAD and the Netherlands is based on a shared vision and the alignment between the policies of the Government of the Netherlands and IFAD’s mandate and policies. Both partners recognize that to achieve the 2030 Agenda it will be vital to:
- support smallholder agriculture to achieve food and nutrition security
- promote the efficient and sustainable use of water in agriculture
- support mainstreaming of climate change
- ensure gender equality and women’s empowerment
- promote private-sector development, including through public-private-producer partnerships (the 4Ps approach).
Since the establishment of IFAD in 1978, the Government of the Netherlands has provided a total of US$583.2 million in core contributions to the Fund. The Netherlands ranks third among all donors.
In addition to these core contributions, the Netherlands has provided a total of US$127.1 million as supplementary grant funds. It is the fourth largest bilateral cofinancier of IFAD-initiated projects and initiatives.
As a founding member of IFAD and a member of the Executive Board and the Evaluation Committee, the Netherlands has played an active and constructive role in shaping the Fund’s strategies and policies.