Smallholder Livelihood Development Project in Eastern Indonesia
The overall objective of the project is to reduce poverty and improve food security and incomes in poor rural communities located in the two provinces of Maluku and North Maluku. Most of the targeted populations are engaged in tree and food crop production. The project builds on the positive experiences of the Post-Crisis Programme for Participatory Integrated Development in Rainfed Areas.
Project interventions focus on:
- Community empowerment
- Boosting productivity by introducing integrated farming systems
- Enhancing natural resource management
- Value chain development and marketing
- Investing in productive rural infrastructure
- Strengthening local institutions.
11 May 2011
2011 - 2019
Total Project Cost
US$ 65 million
US$ 50.19 million
National Government US$ 14.81 million