Poverty Reduction Project in Aftout South and Karakoro - Phase II
- poor women belonging to the active population; and
- young people between 15 and 24 years of age.
It will focus on:
- soil restoration, surface water mobilization and management;
- development of crop, livestock and natural resource management systems;
- support for local development; and
- project management.
The project is consistent with IFAD’s Environment and Natural Resource Management Policy, IFAD’s Targeting Policy, and the IFAD Rural Finance Policy. In addition, it is fully consistent with the country strategic opportunities (COSOP) for Mauritania.
15 September 2011
2011 - 2019
Total Project Cost
US$ 28.88 million
US$ 17.89 million
GEF: Least Developed Countries Fund US$ 3.5 million
Beneficiaries US$ 2.31 million
National Government US$ 5.18 million
DSF Grant/Highly Concessional