Call for Proposals: Disability inclusive rural transformation project
IFAD Asset Request Portlet
Publicador de contenidos
Call for Proposals: Disability inclusive rural transformation project29 enero 2020
This call for proposals is to select a recipient or consortium of recipients to receive a three-year IFAD grant financing to implement the project: Disability inclusive rural transformation for a total amount of up to US$3 million.
The countries involved in this initiative are: Burkina Faso, Chad, Ecuador, Georgia, India, Iraq, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Tunisia and Yemen. Linkages need to be established with at least 7 IFAD-supported projects in these countries.
The recipient can be an inter-governmental organization (including UN agencies and CGIAR centres), a civil society organization (including NGOs), an academic/research institution or a private sector entity. In case of a consortium, an organization can join more than one consortium but can be leading only in one of them. The recipient must demonstrate a strong focus, experience and expertise in disability-inclusive approaches.
The selected organization or consortium must have:
- Capacity and experience in working on projects that integrate disability-inclusive approaches
- Capacity and experience in policy dialogue on disability inclusion
- Capacity and experience in knowledge management and sharing
- Physical presence or close network to ensure wide geographical coverage
Applicants must ensure a minimum counterpart contribution between US$500,000 and US$2,000,000.
How to submit a proposal
- Prepare a project proposal that should be submitted using the IFAD Grant Design Document template with a detailed budget using the activity based budget table. The proposal must be aligned with the Grant Concept Note and Project Description provided. Please read the attached Letter of Invitation, Grant Concept Note and Project Description for further explanation.
- Submit a completed Bidders' self-certification of eligibility for IFAD grant financing
- Submit a brief institutional profile, detailing experience in the priority area and specific theme outlined in the Grant Concept Note, and in the region/country(ies) where the grant would be implemented.
Deadline to receive proposals is 2 March 2020, 23:59 CEST.
Proposals submitted after this deadline will be considered ineligible.
All proposals and communications should be submitted via email to:
- Steven Jonckheere, Senior Technical Specialist, Gender and Social Inclusion: email@example.com
- Petra Jarvinen, Technical Analyst, Gender and Social Inclusion:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maria Elena Mangiafico, Knowledge Management Specialist: email@example.com (in cc)
Queries can be submitted to the above emails up until 17 February 2020, 23.59 CEST. Questions asked by prospective bidders and answers provided will be available in the frequently asked questions and answers attachment, which will be regularly updated.
Additionally, interested institutions are invited to share expressions of interest to submit a proposal by 12 February 2020 by email to the above emails. These expressions are not mandatory and non-binding.