Recipes for change: Pollo Pibil
Try the Recipe at home: Pollo Pibil - Mexico
Nutritional values per serving:
- Calories: 1,029
- Fat: 40g
- Carbs: 61g
- Protein: 108g
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1kg of corn tortilla dough, as thin as possible
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1kg of refried black beans 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño chilli, thinly sliced
- Lard or corn oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- 1 annatto roasted chicken, flaked
- 1 medium chicken
- 60g of achiote paste
- 355ml sour orange juice (alternatively, one half sweet orange juice and one half white vinegar)
- 355ml water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Dissolve the achiote paste in the orange juice and water. Cover the chicken with salt and stock. Place in juice, cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and allow to roast for 25 minutes, constantly basting the meat. Once cooked, shred the chicken.
- While the chicken is cooking, make small tortillas and fry in butter.
- Flip the tortilla, open it carefully and fill with refried black beans, close, fry in hot butter, drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve the tortillas hot, covered with the shredded chicken, tomato, avocado, lettuce and chilli.
- Increased drought, forest fires, floods, and variations in temperature and growing seasons
- Spread of pests and weeds
- Changes in rainfall patterns have also caused crop failures and reduced long-term production of major crops
IFAD's ASAP Solutions:
- Sustainable forest management
- Carbon sequestration through established community nurseries for seedlings
- Rainwater capture and redirection for productive activities
- Business development and training for diversification of livelihoods