Recipes for Change: Caldeirada De Cabrito Com Mandioca (Mozambican Curry)
Try the Recipe at home: Caldeirada De Cabrito Com Mandioca (Mozambican Curry)
Nutritional values per serving:
Calories 1,050 Fat:28.8g Carbs:147.1g Protein: 47.2g
- 2kg of cassava cut into slices
- 1kg of goat meat cut into
- cubes (alternatively use lamb)
- 600g ripe tomato, sliced
- 4 medium onions, sliced 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 3 red peppers, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 240ml white wine
- 150ml oil
- 240ml water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley to garnish
- Season the goat with salt, wine, pepper, 2 bay leaves and oil.
- Put the seasoned meat into a pot and cook in an oven for one hour, then set aside.
- In a separate pan add olive oil and place the ingredients in alternating layers, starting with the onions, then the goat, garlic, cassava, tomato, and so on until all ingredients are used.
- On the last layer add the rest of the oil, wine, parsley, salt and water.
- Cover the pan and cook for a further 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep the food from sticking to the pan.
- Ensure the cassava is cooked throughout and then add salt to taste.
- Increased flooding destroys rangelands
- and causes sickness among goats living in unhealthy conditions
- Droughts are making soils unsuitable for growing vegetables and other crops
- Droughts negatively affect cassava yields
IFAD's ASAP Solutions:
- Raising shelters to protect goats from floods
- Training people as para veterinarians
- Diversifying cropping systems and using drought-resistant crops
- Using stem multiplication techniques to increase cassava yields