Recipes for Change
Celebrity chef and Masterchef Italia presenter, Carlo Cracco, joins IFAD's Recipes for Change campaign, highlighting the climate threat to food security worldwide.
Addis Development Conference: An occasion to make good on Climate Finance Pledges
Government and development leaders gathered at the Third International Conference on Financing for Development (FfD) in Addis Ababa to come to grips with how to pay for the world's new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) which could chart a path to eliminating poverty and hunger.
Adaptation for Smallholder Agriculture Programme
Launched in 2012, the Adaptation for Smallholder Agriculture Programme (ASAP) channels climate and environmental finance to enable smallholder farmers who participate in IFAD projects to increase resilience. Through ASAP, IFAD is systematically integrating climate resilience into the overall IFAD portfolio.
The Global Environment Facility (GEF)
The GEF brings together 183 countries, the private sector, civil society organizations (CSOs) and international institutions to address the growing global environmental problem. Since its creation in 1991, the GEF has worked on the protection of the global environment and promoted environmentally sustainable development.
Pro-Poor Resource Governance under Changing Climates
It is difficult for smallholder farmers to adapt to climate change with actions focused only on the environment. This study by IFAD, the Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS) and partners shows that successful adaptation to a changing environment also requires changes in social and political processes.
Poor rural people face a series of interconnected natural resources management challenges. They are in the front line of climate change impacts; the ecosystems on which they rely are increasingly degraded, their access to suitable agricultural land is declining, their forest resources are increasingly restricted and degraded, many produce on marginal rain fed land, with increased water scarcity; and declining fish and marine resources threaten essential sources of income and nutrition.
- How To Do Note on fisheries, aquaculture and climate change (2015)
- Live from Paris: Climate Summit 2015
- Learning event: Climate-smart agriculture in the field – planning, implementation and upscaling
- Gender in Climate-Smart Agriculture
- How To Do Note on measuring climate resilience (2015)
- How To Do Note on climate change risk assessments in value chain projects (2015)
- The Mitigation Advantage: Maximizing the co-benefits of investing in smallholder adaptation initiatives (2015)
English | French
- IFAD's Social, Environmental and Climate Assessment Procedures (SECAP)
- Brian Thomson
Communication and Advocacy Manager
Environment and Climate Division (ECD)