Recepies for Change
Celebrity chef and Masterchef Italia presenter, Carlo Cracco, joins IFAD's Recipes for Change campaign, highlighting the climate threat to food security worldwide.
Addis Development Conference is an occasion to make good on Climate Finance Pledges
This month, government and development leaders will gather at the Third International Conference on Financing for Development (FfD) in Addis Ababa to come to grips with how to pay for the world's new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) which could chart a path to eliminating poverty and hunger.
Adaptation for Smallholder Agriculture Programme
Launched in 2012, the Adaptation for Smallholder Agriculture Programme (ASAP) channels climate and environmental finance to enable smallholder farmers who participate in IFAD projects to increase resilience. Through ASAP, IFAD is systematically integrating climate resilience into the overall IFAD portfolio.
The Global Environment Facility (GEF)
The GEF brings together 183 countries, the private sector, civil society organizations (CSOs) and international institutions to address the growing global environmental problem. Since its creation in 1991, the GEF has worked on the protection of the global environment and promoted environmentally sustainable development.
With the fourth and latest series of Shamba Shape-Up, Kenya's most watched agriculture TV show, IFAD staff have been talking to smallholder farmers about a range of practical issues, from cow care and livestock resilience to climate-change adaption.
Poor rural people face a series of interconnected natural resources management challenges. They are in the front line of climate change impacts; the ecosystems on which they rely are increasingly degraded, their access to suitable agricultural land is declining, their forest resources are increasingly restricted and degraded, many produce on marginal rain fed land, with increased water scarcity; and declining fish and marine resources threaten essential sources of income and nutrition.
- IFAD funding for Karnataka's bio-fuel development programme
- Addis Development Conference is an occasion to make good on Climate Finance Pledges
- The Mitigation Advantage: Maximizing the co-benefits of investing in smallholder adaptation initiatives (2015)
English | French
- IFAD's Social, Environmental and Climate Assessment Procedures (SECAP)
- The IFAD-GEF Advantage Partnering for a sustainable world (2014)
- Combating rural poverty through better use of natural resources: IFAD, IASS and partners publish new study
- Digging up the Truth on Dirt - a CGIAR report
- Brian Thomson
Communication and Advocacy Manager
Environment and Climate Division (ECD)