Supporting agricultural research, innovation and pro-poor technologies
IFAD grants support research, innovation, institutional change and pro-poor technologies. They are closely linked to our country programmes and often support connections between different initiatives in a country.
Grant recipients include research organizations, centres of excellence involved in rural poverty reduction, NGOs, governments, and private sector and civil society organizations.
We extend two types of grants, depending on the nature of the innovation and the scope of intervention: global or regional grants, and country-specific grants.
- Global and regional grants fund innovative responses to rural and agricultural challenges being faced by several partner countries. These grants are driven by thematic and regional corporate-level strategic priorities for partnership, research, policy engagement and capacity-building.
- Grants for activities implemented in specific countries focus mainly on strengthening institutional, implementation and policy capacities and on innovating in thematic areas. Country-specific grants also pilot new technologies, approaches and methodologies that can subsequently be scaled up through IFAD’s country programmes and by other stakeholders.
The aim of grant financing is to:
- promote innovative, pro-poor approaches and technologies that have the potential to be scaled up for greater impact
- strengthen partners’ institutional and policy capacities
- enhance advocacy and policy engagement
- generate and share knowledge for development impact.
Call for proposals
China-IFAD South-South and Triangular Cooperation Facility: Third Call for Proposals
Call for Proposals: Rural youth employment opportunities: Support to Integrated Agribusiness Hubs
This call for proposals is to select a recipient or consortium of recipients to receive a four-year IFAD grant financing to implement the project: Rural youth employment opportunities: Support to integrated agribusiness hubs initiative, for a total amount of up to US$3.5 million.
Call for Proposals: Mainstream Fintech and Agritech Technologies into IFAD’s portfolio of country programmes (Latin America and the Caribbean region)
This call for proposals is for a grant under the Global/Regional Grants Programme aimed at: Mainstream Fintech and Agritech Technologies into IFAD portfolio of country programmes.
IFAD grants: A guided overview of financial management practices and procedures
This course aims to provide IFAD grant recipients with clear guidance on financial management requirements during project implementation.