The Farmers’ Forum, established in 2005, is an on-going, bottom-up process of consultation and dialogue between smallholder farmers’ and rural producers’ organizations from all over the world and IFAD and our Member States. The Forum is rooted in and aims to strengthen effective partnerships and collaborations between IFAD and Farmers Organizations (FOs) in country programmess and investment projects as well as building their capacity and engaging in policy dialogue initiatives.
The Forum meets every two years for global consultation, in conjunction with IFAD's Governing Council.
The sixth global meeting of the Farmers' Forum will be held from 15 to 16 February 2016. It will be preceded by a special session on Pastoralism on 12 February and followed by a number of side events on 18 February.
2016 marks the 10th year anniversary of the Farmers' Forum. The sixth global meeting provides an opportunity to assess the results of this unique dialogue and partnership. It also sets the stage for revisiting the Forum's purpose and modalities within the context of the evolving relationships between smallholder, family farmers and development actors and taking into account IFAD's new Strategic Framework and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
On 18 February 2016, the Farmers' Forum will have an opportunity to share its messages with IFAD's Governing Council.
Global bi-annual events
- 15-16 February 2016: Sixth global meeting of the Farmers' Forum
- 17-20 February 2014: Fifth global meeting of the Farmers' Forum
- 18-21 February 2012: Fourth global meeting of the Farmers' Forum
- 15-16 February 2010: Third global meeting of the Farmers' Forum
- 11-12 February 2008 : Second global meeting of the Farmers' Forum
- 13-14 February 2006: First global meeting of the Farmers' Forum
- IFAD's partnership with Farmers' Organizations
- Agenda sixth global meeting of the Farmers’ Forum English | French | Spanish
- Special session on pastoralism and livestock breeders
- Report of the Fifth Global Meeting of the Farmers' Forum
- List of Participants
- Partnership in progress: 2014-2015
- Volume I: Overview & Conclusions - Main report
- Volume II: Annexes
Steering committee members
- Asian Farmers Association for Sustainable Rural Development(AFA)
- Coordination of Family Farms of MERCOSUR (COPROFAM)
- La Via Campesina (LVC)
- Pan African Farmers' Organization (PAFO)
- Reseaux des Organisations Paysannes et Producteurs Agricoles de l' Afrique de l' Ouest(ROPPA)
- World Forum of Fish Harvesters and Fishworkers (WFF)
- World Forum for Fisher Peoples(WFFP)
2016 Side events
- 2016 – A New Context in Latin America and the Caribbean English | French | Spanish
- The experience of Italian cooperatives and the development of partnerships with farmers' organizations English | French | Spanish
- INOFO side event: Participatory Guarantee Systems (PGS) and its potential to facilitate market access, livelihood improvement and social capital English | French | Spanish
- The International Year of Family Farming +10: Strengthening common action in favor of Family Farming after the IYFF English | French | Spanish