Webinar : Is precision farming the next agriculture revolution?
IFAD Asset Request Portlet
Webinar: Is precision farming the next agriculture revolution?
22 October 2021
14:00 – 15:15 CEST
Precision Farming also commonly referred to Precision Agriculture is transforming the agriculture landscape by supporting farmers with optimal management of agriculture inputs based on site-specific requirements of farm fields and animals, enabling more effective and efficient use of natural, human, and financial resources. Precision Agriculture has also been attributed to contribution of ecological and environmental gains through optimal use of water, soil and other resources acting as decision support system to farmers to understand farm conditions while increasing farm management efficiency.
IFAD views precision agriculture adoption as a way for smallholder farmers to increase productivity, significantly contribute to poverty and hunger alleviation, and benefit from climate change mitigation gains.
This webinar will bring together experts from the development sector, academia, and industry. It will share lessons learned and how they can be applied to advance precision farming and address the challenges faced by small-scale producers in remote areas.
- Nixon Mageka Gecheo, Senior Programme Officer, Digital Solution and System for Agriculture at AGRA
- Mylene Kherallah, Lead Global Technical Advisor, Rural Finance, Markets and Value Chains at IFAD
- Dr Raj Khosla, Professor and Head of Agronomy Department at Kansas State University
- Sriram Bharatam, Founder & Chief Mentor of Kuza Biashara Limited
- Lohento Ken, Digital Innovation Strategy Specialist at FAO’s Regional Office for Africa
- Putso Nyathi, Senior Regional Technical Specialist, Agronomy at IFAD
- Virpi Stucki, Chief of Rural Entrepreneurship, Job Creation and Human Security Division at UNIDO