Livestock: Integrated Livestock Development Project
IFAD Asset Request Portlet
Integrated Livestock Development Project
The ILDP will empower the poor to work together to identify their needs, while integrating existing organizations and building new ones within the project framework. The project will assist the target group in forming community-based associations, such as farmers’ marketing associations, herders’ associations, rangelands management committees, village sanduq (microfinance) committees, milk collection groups, etc.
These associations will play a vital role in implementing project activities through:
- identification and prioritizing of village development needs
- market linkages and supply chain analysis
- technical advisory services
- joint or individual investment in micro- and small enterprises
- dissemination of marketing information
- combined procurement of inputs.
The objective of the project is to achieve a sustainable increase in the incomes of poor rural people (nomads, small livestock holders, small farmers, rural women and unemployed youth) whose livelihoods are dependent on livestock activities in lowpotential areas.