Convergence on Value Chain Enhancement for Rural Growth and Empowerment (CONVERGE)
IFAD Asset Request Portlet
Convergence on Value Chain Enhancement for Rural Growth and Empowerment Project
The strategic focus of the Convergence on Value Chain Enhancement for Rural Growth and Empowerment (CONVERGE) project is to reduce rural poverty by enabling smallholder farmers to engage in value chains, so that they can increase the profitability of their household farm enterprises. The project includes investment plans for 11 commodities and/or agribusiness projects in the rubber, rice, abaca, sugar cane, cassava, coconut, and coffee sectors.
The project's main objectives are to:
- Promote sustainable agriculture
- Preserve the land resource base
- Improve the investment climate for agribusinesses
- Initiate climate change adaptation and mitigation measures
The project will target three regions located in the west, north and northeast of Mindanao which are among the poorest regions of the country.
The expected impact and outcome for around 55,000 smallholder households include:
- Increased average annual income
- Increased farm income derived from new farming activities
- Increased ownership of household assets
- Reduced prevalence of child malnutrition