Market Access and Rural Entrerprise Development Programme
IFAD Asset Request Portlet
Market Access and Rural Enterrprise Development Programme
The programme area includes selected communities with populations who are either vulnerable to poverty or already facing poverty and extreme poverty, within the parishes (administrative units) of the main islands of Grenada and Carriacou.
The programme will benefit approximately 12,360 people, rural men, women and young people who are involved either part time or full time in:
- small-scale farming for subsistence or market-oriented production;
- artisanal fishing;
- small rural businesses and enterprises (agricultural and non-agricultural);
- unskilled labour provision.
The programme's development objective is to increase the income of rural young unemployed or self-employed men and women through:
- empowerment of rural communities and members of social and economic rural organizations and increased capacity to participate in development opportunities
- creation of employment opportunities, particularly for young rural men and women
- establishment and strengthening of rural businesses and microenterprises
- more sustainable agricultural practices, linkages to production chains, and access to markets and financial services.
The programme will also focus on:
- human and social capital-building and inclusion of vulnerable groups
- market access and enterprise development.