Iranamadu Irrigation Development Project
Its specific objectives are to:
- promote effective and sustainable management of the irrigation infrastructure
- sustainably improve water and land productivity.
Project components include rehabilitation and development of the irrigation infrastructure, as well as improved production and marketing. The main outcomes will be:
- water and land use managed effectively by farmers, including women
- diversified crop production, with increased agricultural productivity and remunerative markets
- sustainable farmers’ organizations in place to deliver irrigation services.
13 December 2011
2011 - 2017
Total Project Cost
US$ 29.33 million
US$ 22.23 million
Private sector local US$ 1.23 million
National Government US$ 3.16 million
Beneficiaries US$ 2.71 million