Combining Geo-referencing Technology and Participatory Methods for Securing Tenure Rights (GeoTech4Tenure)
IFAD Asset Request Portlet
Geospatial technology and participatory methods for securing tenure rights (GeoTech4Tenure)
This online learning programme supports IFAD programmes in finding solutions to secure tenure rights through the combined application of participatory methods and geomatic technology.
This course is designed for stakeholders engaged in IFAD operations with an interest in land tenure and geomatics.
Participants will learn:
- Concepts of land tenure, tenure security and tenure governance
- Participatory recordation and mapping
- Different geospatial technologies for land recordation
- Criteria to select the most applicable technologies
The training programme is part time and takes about two months. It has the following components:
- E-learning and technical guide.
- Online workshops.
- Online mentoring and project work.
At the end of the learning programme participants receive a certificate confirming they have completed the programme.
The training programme has been developed in partnership with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
Please subscribe to the land tenure emailing list to be informed about next editions.